I have been a Freelance Technology Writer since 1988, starting off as a technical writer and moving into technology journalism in 1998.
My current positions include:
- Enterprise reporter at TechCrunch.
- Regular contributor at CITEworld where I write Tales from the Cloud stories.
- Contributing Editor at EContent Magazine where I write the Media Redux column.
In addition, I helped develop the SocMediaNews (originally called SocMedia101) blog in 2009 -- and still contribute to it on a regular basis.
Past regular gigs included DaniWeb, TechTarget, Internet Evolution and FierceContentManagement.
Publishing credits include contributions to InsideCRM, Streaming Media Magazine, CIO.com, eWeek, CMP, PC Magazine Online and many others.
I won an Apex Award for Publications Excellence in Feature Writing for the following years:
- 2006: July, 2005 EContent article on community Journalism called Journalism Returns to its Grassroots.
- 2007: Jan/Feb 2006 EContent article called Web Content Takes the Access Ramp: Designing Sites with Accessibility in Mind.
- 2008: March 2007 Econtent Article called The Truth is in There: Sleuthing for Data with Digital Forensics
Other awards include:
- This blog was named one of the 200 most influential technology blogs by Datamation for 2008 and 2009.
- I have received the Churchill Award for Editorial Excellence at FierceContentManagement.
- I was named to the SharePoint Influencer50 by Global360 in the Journalist category in 2010 for my writing on SharePoint for FierceContentManagement.
My technical writing experience includes documentation, online help, classroom training materials, online training and various other related tasks.
If you want to learn more, or discuss possible work opportunities, please feel free to contact me at ronsmiller at comcast dot net.